Job Title: Pool Manager
Pay Rate: $18.00/Hour
Reports To: District Administrator
Under the supervision of the District Administrator, the Pool Manger is responsible for the safety of patrons at the pool, the overall supervision, maintenance and cleanliness of the pool, swim lesson instruction, as well as life guarding duties, and aquatic programs, and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and sanitary o0perations of the pool by making daily facility and equipment checks for safety, vacuuming of pool, chemical checks, reporting, etc.
- May assist Parks Maintenance Supervisor by providing aquatic staff support in pool cleaning and maintenance work associated with the swimming pools, pool decks, showers, equipment, and furniture.
- Monitors pool staff employees and patrons
- Schedules and supervises staff. Assists in the hiring, training, testing and evaluating of staff.
- Assists in in-service training for part time and full time seasonal staff members.
- Instruct all levels of swim lessons according to American Red Cross standards as needed.
- Assists in organizing and supervising aquatic programs and special events.
- Serve as a lifeguard and rescue persons in distress and render latest approved First Aid and artificial respiration procedures if needed.
- Prevent accidents through enforcing policies to the patrons.
- Assists in making reports on attendance and activities at the swimming pool. Maintain a high level of communication with patrons, staff, media, supervisors, and other District staff.
- Work week is flexible scheduled and will include some evenings, weekends, split shifts and holiday shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Training, First Aid for Lifeguards (EMSA) and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificates. Advanced First Aid certificate preferred.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions and work cooperatively with others.
- Highly motivated, responsible, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Good public relation and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Be neat, orderly, honest and dependable.
Knowledge Of: Standard Red Cross First Aid practices; water hazards, life saving techniques, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; good public relations skills.
Ability To: Follow oral and written instructions. Work cooperatively with public and District employees. Interpret policies and procedures. Be neat, orderly, and honest. Standard Red Cress first aid practices; water hazards, life saving techniques and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Education and Experience: At least one (1) year of experience as an Assistant Pool Manager or Head lifeguard in water safety program.
If interested in applying, please send application to Miranda Nelson, Recreation Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org