Job Title: Recreation Leader
Pay Rate: $13.25/Hour
Under general direction the Recreation Leader helps plan, promote, organize, implement, and evaluate recreational activities, programs and special events. Supervises volunteers in organizing and planning recreational activities; and may be assigned to specialized recreational functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Helps develop, plan, coordinate, conduct and evaluate District activities, special events, and fund-raisers at parks, and recreation facilities.
- Leads participants in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Occasionally trains seasonal staff and volunteers in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Helps establish and maintain effective relationships with community groups to identify recreational needs, appropriate new programs and obtain feedback on current programs and services provided.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on recreation activities and their status.
- Enforces department rules, policies and safety requirements.
- Request materials and supplies necessary for recreational and interpretive activities.
Knowledge Of: Principles and techniques of organization, management, leading and training; principles and practices of planning, organizing, and conducting recreational activities and programs.
Skill In: Creating, promoting and conducting a successful recreation program that provides enjoyment for varied ages and interest.
Other Requirements: Pass Background Check, CPR/First Aid Certified.
Education and Experience: Combination of education and experience which would provide required knowledge and skills.
If interested in applying, please send application to Miranda Nelson, Recreation Supervisor at (redacted).