Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Classification: Non-Exempt Permanent Part-Time, At-Will
Pay Rate: $15.75-17.39/Hour
Schedule: September-May, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12:15pm
Hours: 15-20 Hours/Week (closed major holidays)
Under the general supervision of the Lead Preschool Teacher and Recreation Supervisor, the Preschool Teacher assists the Lead Preschool Teacher in planning and conducting a wide variety of recreational and educational activities in the district’s Arden Park Preschool program. We are currently looking to fill positions for the 2022-2023 school year starting in September 2022. Position may require assistance with special events and other programs on occasion.
- Assists with age-appropriate curriculum, events, and recreational activities
- Assists with the direct supervision of children in the classroom and on the playground
- Ensures the safety, security, cleanliness, and orderliness of the classroom and playground environments
- Promotes and enforces safety procedures
- Performs related duties as required
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Knowledge of principles of care and supervision for preschool and elementary school-age children.
- Knowledge of basic first aid, health, hygiene, and safety practices.
- Knowledge of classroom management and appropriate methods of disciplining children.
- Ability to lead and direct a group of children.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, children, parents, staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy throughout the preschool day and when interacting with children.
- Ability to use independent judgment and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of children and staff.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and stressful situations.
License or Certificate:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver’s license. Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current Pediatric and Adult CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
Ability to work occasional weekends or extended hours for special events and activities. All applicants must be fingerprinted and pass pre-employment background check. Reliable transportation to and from work.
Qualified applicants should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to an A.A. degree, with course work in recreation, childcare, or a related field, and/or two years of part-time experience in a childcare setting. Applicant must be over eighteen (18) years of age.
Experience in a children's day care/preschool program or recreational day camp program or equivalent experience in a leadership and program planning role preferred.
Download an Application Here:Application for Employment Fillable.pdf
If interested in applying, please send application to Miranda Ellis, Recreation Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held mid-December.