Lifeguard I/Swim Instructor I
Job Title: Lifeguard I/Swim Instructor I
Pay Rate: $15.75/Hour
Reports To: Pool Manager
Do you love being at the pool, like helping others, and want to make some extra cash this summer? Apply as a lifeguard at the Arden Park pool! Applicants must have current Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid for Lifeguards (EMSA), or CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificates and be at least 15 years old. If lifeguard work into August, you will receive a $200 bonus!
Under the supervision of the Pool Manager, to ensure safety of all swimmers in an assigned area and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Maintains constant vigil over patrons in assigned area, rescuing persons in distress; make frequent facility and equipment checks for safety.
- Maintain discipline and orderly conduct among patrons and enforce all pertinent District pool rules and regulations.
- Render latest approved rescue (First Aid and CPR procedures) if need; avoid conversation with public or engage in other distractions while on the lifeguard stand.
- Workweek is flexibly scheduled and may include some evenings and weekends and holiday shifts.
- Assist in the proper maintenance and sanitary operations of the pool.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 15 years of age at time of hire.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid for Lifeguards (EMSA), and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificates.
Knowledge Of: Standard Red Cross First Aid practices; water hazards; life saving techniques and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; good public relations skills.
Ability To: Understand and follow oral and written instructions.Work cooperatively with public and District employees. Interpret policies and procedures. Be neat, orderly, and honest. Be willing to work weekdays/nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, as needed.
Education and Experience: No prior experience is needed; however, one (1) year of junior lifeguard or water safety program is desired.
If interested in applying, please send application to Darcie Maeesomy, Recreation Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.