Job Title: Lifeguard I/Swim Instructor I
Pay Rate: $14.25/Hour
Reports To: Pool Manager
Under the supervision of the Pool Manager, to ensure safety of all swimmers in an assigned area and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Maintains constant vigil over patrons in assigned area, rescuing persons in distress; make frequent facility and equipment checks for safety.
- Maintain discipline and orderly conduct among patrons and enforce all pertinent District pool rules and regulations.
- Render latest approved rescue (First Aid and CPR procedures) if need; avoid conversation with public or engage in other distractions while on the lifeguard stand.
- Workweek is flexibly scheduled and may include some evenings and weekends and holiday shifts.
- Assist in the proper maintenance and sanitary operations of the pool.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of hire.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid for Lifeguards (EMSA), and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificates.
Knowledge Of: Standard Red Cross First Aid practices; water hazards; life saving techniques and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; good public relations skills.
Ability To: Understand and follow oral and written instructions.Work cooperatively with public and District employees. Interpret policies and procedures. Be neat, orderly, and honest. Be willing to work weekdays/nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, as needed.
Education and Experience: No prior experience is needed; however, one (1) year of junior lifeguard or water safety program is desired.
If interested in applying, please send application to Miranda Ellis, Recreation Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.