Recreation Leader - After School Program
Job Title: Recreation Leader - After School Explorers
Pay Rate: $15/Hour (goes up to $15.50 Jan. 1, 2023)
Schedule: August 11, 2022-June 6, 2023
Location: Arden Park, 1000 La Sierra Dr. Sacramento, CA
Our Arden Park Explorers Recreation Leaders work closely with 5-11 year old kids, lead a variety of sports, games, crafts, science expiraments and more! Leaders also provide homework help during the afternoon. This is a great job for local high school students and college students focused on early childhood education, recreation, and more. The school year runs from mid-August to early June.
Under general direction the Recreation Leader helps plan, promote, organize, implement, and evaluate recreational activities, programs and special events. Supervises volunteers in organizing and planning recreational activities; and may be assigned to specialized recreational functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Helps develop, plan, coordinate, conduct and evaluate District activities, special events, and fund-raisers at parks, and recreation facilities.
- Leads participants in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Occasionally trains seasonal staff and volunteers in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Helps establish and maintain effective relationships with community groups to identify recreational needs, appropriate new programs and obtain feedback on current programs and services provided.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on recreation activities and their status.
- Enforces department rules, policies and safety requirements.
- Request materials and supplies necessary for recreational and interpretive activities.
Knowledge Of: Principles and techniques of organization, management, leading and training; principles and practices of planning, organizing, and conducting recreational activities and programs.
Skill In: Creating, promoting and conducting a successful recreation program that provides enjoyment for varied ages and interest.
Other Requirements: Pass Background Check, CPR/First Aid Certified preferred but not required.
Education and Experience: Combination of education and experience which would provide required knowledge and skills.
If interested in applying, please send application to Miranda Ellis, Recreation Supervisor at email@example.com.