Job Title: Recreation Leader: Stage Manager/Assistant Director - Arden Park Youth Theatre Program
Pay Rate: $15.50/Hour
Schedule: February 20-May 7, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; M/W/Th in Arden Park Room A, Tues in Arden Park Firehouse. Performance weekend May 5-7. Outside hours dependent on various skill levels.
Location: Arden Park, 1000 La Sierra Dr. Sacramento, CA
Our Arden Park Youth Theatre program works closely with 5-12 year old kids. You will lead a variety of games and activities teaching theatre etiquette and promoting performance-readiness, help develop leadership skills, and get to have fun while ready-ing the participants for a one-act junior version of a popular musical! This is a great job for people who love kids and theatre/performing.
Under general direction from the Recreation Specialist, the Recreation Leader helps organize, implement, and assist in daily program activities. Supervises participants and parent volunteers of the program and may be assigned to specialized recreational functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
- Helps develop, plan, coordinate, and conduct and activities.
- Leads participants in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Occasionally trains volunteers in organizing, implementing and promoting recreation activities.
- Helps establish and maintain effective relationships with community groups to identify recreational needs, appropriate new programs and obtain feedback on current programs and services provided.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on recreation activities and their status.
- Enforces department rules, policies and safety requirements.
- Request materials and supplies necessary for recreational and interpretive activities.
Knowledge Of: Principles and techniques of organization, management, leading and training; principles and practices of planning, organizing, and conducting recreational activities and programs.
Skill In: Creating, promoting and conducting a successful recreation program that provides enjoyment for varied ages and interests.
Other Requirements: Pass Background Check
Knowledge of theatre and performing arts not required, but highly recommended.
Education and Experience: Combination of education and experience which would provide required knowledge and skills.
If interested in applying, please send your resume and application to Darcie Maeesomy, Recreation Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org